Monday, July 25, 2011

Market Day!

Braved the million degree weather at the market this Saturday and spent $80.

We bought:
1 lb chop meat
2 lbs kabob meat
1 lb sandwich steaks
1 qt peaches
1 qt raspberries
1 bunch carrots
1 watermelon
1 lb spinach and watercress
4 tomatoes
1 loaf of bread
1 lb of cheese
1 bunch onions
3 heads garlic
2 lbs green beans
3 lbs potatoes

It's been insanely hot here and I have been really sick. Heat and pregnancy do not go well together. On Friday I spent 5 hours hooked up to an IV because I was dehydrated and had lost 2 lbs in 2 days through a combo of the heat and not being able to keep food or water down. So it is hard to think about what to make for dinners since nothing appeals to me very much. Thankfully we woke up today to cloudy skies and a breeze that borders on cold..... So I think we will eat pasta with spinach, tomato and green beans; beef kabobs with garlic scape yogurt sauce and sauteed zucchini, tacos (maybe fish, maybe meat), and grilled pizza. I also need to make some stuff for the kids to eat over the weekend since the hubby and I will be away and my mother in law is watching the kids....


No comments: