Saturday, March 12, 2011

Going to the Market

Ahhh St. Patrick's Day (week)- an annual rite of spring that brings a flurry of parade going, bar hopping, cleaning and tons of eating. I am sad to say we have not been to any parades in our new home yet; even with Joe dancing we didn't now schedules before making other plans. Next year we will be more prepared. Both boys are at grandma's this weekend so the hubby and I can go on the Pub Crawl around town...But first the market!

$75 at Coldspring Market:

2lbs scallops
1 challah
1 oat loaf
1.5 lbs portobello mushrooms
1 lb mixed greens
8 potatoes
4 carrots
2 parsnips
2 onions
10 apples
3 lamb rolls

My GOD I am sooo tired of carrots and potatoes. I am dreaming of asparagus and ramps and sweet spring carrots and fennel. Where are the spring time veggies. Seriously the days are supposed to be getting brighter not bleaker in the food dept....

this week we are eating:
Sunday: Flank Steak and mushroom risotto

Monday: leftovers and salads and some sort of bean soup- maybe lentil?

Tuesday: Not Tabbouleh- basically tabbouleh without parsley and mint but with whatever veg are laying around. And whatever soup is leftover

Wednesday: Corned beef and potatoes (the corned beef is not local as the meat guys were not at market when I thought they would be in order for me to corn it myself)

Thursday: Annual Connolly's Lunch and NYC Parade- so more corned beef and street pretzels and more corned beef and beer

Friday: Spinach Pasta with scallops and mushrooms

Saturday: leftovers



No comments: