Thursday, May 12, 2011

what day is it?

I can not seem to get it together these past few weeks. Last week I missed a meeting with the nursery group, this week I totally spaced on some other plans.I have been really out of it for a few days for no apparent reason at all. I think my brain is melting in the heat. Yeah sure it is only like 75 degrees right now, but I am melting when we step outside. And we have been outside 24/7 it seems. The days have taken on a nice rhythm of breakfast, outdoors, lunch, rest/outdoors, dinner, bedtime.

We've been in the garden;where we have planted all our little tomato seedlings, as well as seeds for corn, beans, lettuce, spinach, radishes, strawberries, rhubarb, onions, garlic and potatoes. We have been in the parks and the woods and at the farm. We have been visiting the geese on the Hudson and walking around in a loop to catch sight of the beavers that Joe is sure live there. I have learned an important gardening lesson- always garden in real shoes. I currently have a giant chunk of foot missing (ok it's not really giant, but really when a piece of your flesh goes missing it is a pretty big deal) from a spider bite. I am on antibiotics for the open weeping wound and I am now just waiting for the day when tiny spiders come crawling out (this won't actually happen, it is just a fear I have).

We have been going to the gym while Joe is at school. Jude goes to the daycare and I swim or do the machines. I also joined weight watchers. I realized that I was not eating enough food to actually lose any weight, so I need some support and something to make sure I keep track of everything. I think it will be money well spent. So far it is going well. I like the points system that allows me to still eat some sweet stuff, while keeping track of how many fruits and veggie servings I get in day. I was nowhere near the proper amounts of anything, so while I was eating good stuff I was not eating it in the right amounts.

I have been knitting. I have the entire yoke of my shalom cardi finished, and am hoping to start the body tonight with my knitting group.

I am trying to get back into the groove of things. Spring cleaning is this weekend which means getting the house in order, unpacking stuff into it's actual home and finishing off some landscaping to-dos. Oh and hitting a few yard sales to see if I can get a coffee table and/or bookshelves.

I have to keep myself focused to keep my days straight in this seemingly endless daylight.


No comments: