Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 2- Skills and 1up

image title
29th March. Skill + 1UP:
Look back over your last year of projects and compare where you are in terms of skill and knowledge of your craft to this time last year. Have you learned any new skills or forms of knitting/crochet (can you crochet cable stitches now where you didn’t even know such things existed last year? Have you recently put a foot in the tiled world of entrelac? Had you even picked up a pair of needles or crochet hook this time last year?

Today we look at our mad skillz....I have no mad skillz. Seriously I've been knitting off and on since college and have completed one full adult cardigan. And even that cardi never got the full sleeves the pattern called for....I did tackle a few new things this year though, especially since I have been knitting more and more. I learned how to cable via the Irish Hiking Scarf which STILL needs to be finished by the way- there is more done then in the photo but its still only about 1/4 done....
I learned how to knit with a jogless join for color changes in the round, which has been helpful in my easter knitting and I learned how to do the loong tail cast on.

But really I have so much to still learn. I want to learn how to crochet so I can do my edges nicely, I'd like to be able to read a chart someday (but my crap eyesight is really to blame there) and I want to learn how to really spin and I really want to be able to modify patterns better. I know it takes time.... I'm pretty happy that I have a longish list of finished objects quite frankly!
















No comments: