Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Works in Progress

I feel like it's been forever since writing. We all got the plague right at the end of knitters week so even getting out of bed was a chore. And when we did get out of bed it was only to travel down the stairs to the pullout couch, where we watched endless hours of netflix tv. Turns out the boys did have a virus, did need antibiotics and did just need sleep. We are 98% better now, lingering coughs and endless runny noses are all that is left.

While sick did I do anything? Nope. I spent the week smothered by burning hot little bodies, half asleep most of the time myself. I am sure the hubby infected half the hudson valley cause he still woke up and went to work everyday. He basically lived on over the counter medications (we really must get an adult doctor) and slept on the train. There was a few mornings when he got to Grand Central and the conductors had to physically wake him up, on the way home he would have a train friend make sure he was up at our stop, then take him home.

I should have been knitting, but I felt like I couldn't. I felt like I would be knitting the germs right into the garment. The egg cozys are done though. Sure I still have to sew them up but they are knitted. What else? I purchased yarn at the WEBS sale with my birthday money; this is turning into an annual tradition- last year I bought the cascade 220 for my Tea Leaves during the WEBS sale with my birthday money. Oh yeah I turned 31 while plague ridden...This year I bought enough cascade 220 to make something (so many things I want to make I just don't know what it will be yet) and enough Mission Falls superwash wool to make at least 3 baby sweaters for various current fetuses (feti? babies in utero anyway). And I bought Eco-Wool. My god I am in love with this stuff. First off it come in hanks of nearly 500 yards so you don't need to spend a million dollars to make a sweater (2 hanks will do me with leftovers all for $30 bucks nonsale price) and it is warm and heavy but ohh so soft. Eventually I will make the hubby a sweater with this- he is a giant so not only would making him something be time consuming it is cost prohibitive for most yarns.

The only thing I have on the needles right now are these cute little baby chucks for a gal I went to high school with. She and I rocked our converse before it was cool, and much to the chagrin of the school. She was always impeccably in uniform until you looked at her feet! Seriously this gal was a non skirt roller, an always tucked in pressed shirt, hair neatly pulled back kind of person- but then you looked at her feet which were in low top converse covered in writings. The writing was Pearl Jam lyrics. She loved Pearl Jam. So since she is having a baby in a few days I am sending her a pair of converse in the mail. The pattern is really easy and knits up super quick. I am using knitpicks swish and two booties barely take up half a skein. I started on monday evening and they should be in the mail tomorrow morning. Then I can start my dress.

No comments: