Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Heart Day!

Today I am still trying to formulate a post about Uncle Mike. I am still trying to navigate the waters of death and explaining dying to a 4 year old. Joe is mildly obsessed with "that dead man in the box that we saw" and the wake is something he will never forget- thanks to the 4 stitches he received during it. Yes I have the child who has to be rushed to the ER during a solemn event. He fell backwards off the bottom of a coat rack and hit his head on the radiator; we will have matching scars thanks to a similar fall I took when I was his age. I am not sure how it will go when I sit him down on the kitchen table to pull the stitches out...at least when my mom pulled out mine we were able to do it on our back deck in the summertime, and she is a nurse so probably had more experience with stitch removal than I....

In the meantime we have been busy crafting valentine's for Joe's classroom friends. We've been having a few lazy crafter days which means I throw some collage materials on the kitchen table and let the kids go to town....

Jude would love to get his hands on the scissors, but for now we stick to the paint and tear method

Joe picked out this heart stamped ribbon. He's been cutting it up all week and telling me it is my mail.
So far we have made a variety of paper and ribbon cards for the classroom, most are just pieces of red stuck to pieces of pink with some ribbon glued on top. I love the freeform valentines, and I love that Joe wants to just create without forcing things into heart shapes.

For even more creativity, and some amazingly beautiful photos/posts that make me want to move into other people's lives, check out Creative Friday ....

No comments: