Wednesday, January 13, 2010

House Hunting Humpday

It is only Wednesday. I feel like this week is dragging by. My body feels like it is Friday already, and my patience with the non napping 2 yr old is beginning to wane.

So far we have been looking at houses in our area to get price ranges. They are very varied- they range from 600,000 to over a million. And in some cases I really can't see the differences between the houses. There are also a lot of houses in pre-foreclosure in our neighborhood, but I feel a little weird about foreclosure homes; I think I would feel like I was taking someones home away from them. Of course lets see what I saw if we find the perfect place in foreclosure!

What we are looking for: something with 3 bedrooms (we are going to have at least one more kid, we think, so we need somewhere for everyone), a decent public school nearby, a park within walking distance and a yard....Friends have suggested a condo or co-op as a starting point, and there are a few condos in our area that we could afford; but frankly if I am buying somewhere to call my own I don't want to be sharing a wall with people who I am not related to. I don't want to worry that my baby crying, or my toddler running will disturb those underneath us, I want to crank the stereo up to 11 without fear of someone banging on the walls to quiet us. I've shared space with others in various ways for the past 12 years. I'm done with it.

and call me crazy but the yard is a deal breaker. The dog needs the space, the kids need the space, and I need the quiet that throwing the kids in the yard will provide.

1 comment:

Athina Marie said...

I'm with you 100%. We are entertaining the idea as well, but we are looking to have my dad and brother live with us too. Its THAT much harder to find a place since if we want a second little one I need a good floor separating my dad and I. LMAO Unforunately, the only place we can really afford is Staten Island (and I don't drive!)