Friday, March 14, 2008

A Serious Note

I recently (like 3 minutes ago) found out a friend (not a longtime, super close friend but friend nevertheless) past away late sunday morning.
This woman, named Lisa Pellettiere was taking a math class with me; we missed her in class this past monday but we thought she had simply decided not to make the long trek up broadway to join us in our graphing for the evening. She also shared the first leg of my train ride home each monday night after this class. We would part at times square, she to her train and I to mine; each of us rushing home to kiss our sons goodnight. She was a single mother to a 7 year old son; a son who, we had discovered, had been one of my favorite children in my last student teaching placement.
My heart aches to hug her son but I will make do by hugging my own extra tight when I get home. And I will keep Lisa in my thoughts and prayers as a reminder to live life to the fullest, and to never forget to say goodnight to my boy.

No comments: